Be honest! Tell me how many times do you dream of having chewy pedas that melt in your mouth..Well,I do dream ,especially,when its brunch time;)
Back home,whenever I had a “peda instinct”,I could rush to Royal bakers,grab some yummy pedas which usually ended up me up eating the whole of them before it reached home(where I have two people,my younger bro & Sis,who’ll be waiting for me to bring pedas..oops..Its a messy time when I land with empty packets)..Good old times..Here in Doha,I’ve hardly seen any pedas..So one fine day when I couldn’t control the “peda instinct” I digged into EASY peda recipes and well,here is the result…
Grated Coconut-1 cup
Condensed Milk-1 tin
Dry fruit of your choice
- Dry grind the grated coconut until it reaches to a powdery consistency.
- Soak saffron in about 2 tbsp of milk for about 5 mins.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the condensed milk along with the milk and saffron and bring it to boil.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Remove to a greased plate.
- When cool,cut into desired shapes.
Alternatively,you can shape pedas directly from the cooked pan.
- When cool(just that the there is no more “too hot-ness” ) carefully form circular laddus Note: the sweet still needs to be hot when you shape it.
- Slowly press in a dry fruit in the center . I used raisins here.